A New York City native, designer Caroline Ellen originally planned to study fine arts. She studied drawing at the Art Students League of New York and painting at Vassar College until she began a career as a model.
Caroline studied jewelry making at the Jewelry Arts Institute in New York, where she learned classical goldsmithing techniques and developed a love for the high quality of hand-crafted jewelry.
Caroline designs in 22 and 20 karat gold, and uses diamonds, sapphires, rubies and other precious and semi-precious stones.
5 Things You Need to Know:
- The one piece of jewelry I never take off is… My diamond flower pendant on my handmade 22K chain.
- 3 things on my desk right now… My Mac, my scale to weigh gold, and my silver mint julep cup filled with colored drawing pencils.
- My favorite place to find inspiration is… The Greek and Roman Art galleries at the Met.
- Motto? Luxurious simplicity.
- What's playing on repeat on your iPod? Joao Gilberto, "Amoroso Brasil"
Price Range: XXX